Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

casual hookup seattle

com also has its personal dating community. women seeking men in marietta He doesn t fit the bill of a committing Muslim husband. In the world s most populous nation, folks nevertheless want to meet, but the coronavirus pandemic has made this no effortless activity. dating customs in denmark When individuals are held accountable they could believe twice about exhibiting these kinds of strange behaviours, she says.

meet me chat and hookup app

I wondered what it would be like going on a 1st date with him, now that I sort of knew him. craigslist green valley az Regardless of his nerves, Michael said the Zoom conversation in no way got slow or uninteresting. Figuring out how you feel about these items as a couple can help you take your connection to the subsequent level, when creating confident you respect both of your demands and wishes. hookup omegle They will generally steer the conversation back to themselves.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

10/18/2008 8:12:51 PM Live-aboard boats  
dunitall
Over 2,000 Posts (2,295)
Seattle, WA
53, joined Feb. 2008

I have been considering buying a live-aboard boat and was wanting some input on this! I know everything you pack in has to be packed out and that laundry is an issue. So what else is there to this, This is on my bucket list! which hopefully is a longtime from now!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

10/19/2008 11:05:11 PM Live-aboard boats  
aim2plzeinmd
Rosedale, MD
62, joined Oct. 2008

ii was thinkong the same thing i want to buy or build a boat
to live on

10/20/2008 11:25:57 PM Live-aboard boats  
dunitall
Over 2,000 Posts (2,295)
Seattle, WA
53, joined Feb. 2008

I know theres a cost for electricity at the dock and that you have to use a pump out for the black and gray water. And maintaining the haul is another, but theres gotta be more to it. I'm looking at gas engines versus diesel, more along the lines of an old houseboat

10/21/2008 9:02:03 AM Live-aboard boats  

4evr6y
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,114)
Morgan, VT
75, joined Jul. 2007

If your going to go with gas,
as with a house boat...maybe try outbords.
Gas in the bilge can be disasterous.
But ther's nothing like living abord ...
at least for a few seasons of life!

10/21/2008 8:32:08 PM Live-aboard boats  
galaxsea
Vero Beach, FL
70, joined Oct. 2008

Hi - I've been doing the liveaboard thing for 3 years now and having a wonderful time. It's a great experience, but since I have never met anyone to enjoy doing it with... I'm just moving on to plan B. I'm ready to sell it now, buy a house and a smaller boat for exploring around. Laundry - not a problem... you can have small washer/dryer units in your boat or just use vinegar... seriously. Almost all marinas have laundry facilities. Generators are a must, and if you want to cruise and live on your boat for extended times, a water maker is vital. There are websites full of info about living aboard. Way too much to mention here. Hope this little bit of info helps.

10/21/2008 8:39:33 PM Live-aboard boats  
galaxsea
Vero Beach, FL
70, joined Oct. 2008

I have to add more - I have twin diesels - much better for cruising the Bahamas and a little bit safer and more efficient than gas. Yes you plug into shore power at marinas and pay for usage of electricity and usage of the dock. I've been a boater for 25 years and have owned 4 boats... it seems you have much to learn so my best advice is to join a the US Power Squadrons, or the Coast Guard Aux., and take their courses which are great. The Power Squadrons do go into long term cruising, provisioning, boating basics, advanced basics, charting/plotting, seamanship, marlinspike, navigation, engines, maintenance, just tons of crucial info. I'm also a USCG Master Captain and have much experience so this is the best advice I can give you.

10/24/2008 6:45:23 PM Live-aboard boats  
dunitall
Over 2,000 Posts (2,295)
Seattle, WA
53, joined Feb. 2008

Wow thats all great information, I have owned boats since i was 18 for recreational purposes and sport fishing, Its more then a hobbie its a passion and desire to move up to the next level. Thanks Captain!

12/9/2008 8:08:30 PM Live-aboard boats  

boatcat
Alpena, MI
56, joined Nov. 2008

AHH; we dreamers who want to live aboard...
Well; It's fun and romantic for awhile, then you get tired of all the maintenance, the uncomfortable bunk, the deck leaks when it rains and gets your books and clean laundry wet!
Yes; I love it too, lived aboard for 12 wonderful years and in Michigan no less...
In winter, I winterized the engines and plumbing, added a space heater and ran the bubble system inside my boathouse. Carried my own water in and out, had an incinerator type toilet system, the bulk of the grey water was from the shower, so I simply pumped it out of the lake, through an instant (on demand)hot water heater and overboard again. I was careful what soaps and cleaners were in the overboard water, of course. Alot of these issues will not be a problem at a marina however. Of course, then you have the expenses; the marina bill, first and foremost, some provide electrical, some do not, especially for live-aboards because they obviously use much more than a normal dock does. Marina fees; I would plan on 10.00 per foot of boat length per year, then double that so as to include many of the expenses that will be unknown until you are in the situation. This estimate does not include boat maintenance, repair, fuel, emergency fund , eating out more than you ever have before and a few other expenses that vary with the situation.
Beware of the incredible shrinking boat! I am not kidding; no matter how big the boat feels when you first enter it and go "wow, it's SO BIG" that will be a fleeting moment, soon to pass as you fill it with stuff and supplies and all the comforts of home you can cram into it. My boats were 1968 32' Pacemaker fly-bridge sedan, a 1935 40' JJ Taylor custom hardtop and a 1991 42 Nordic Tug. The first two were woodies, gas and diesel, both twins.. Just me and my two lady cats and a once in a while girlfriend. A nice life for awhile; fun to take your house out for a ride or on a trip whenever you feel like it. Sounds good, but there is a price to pay for everything. Good advice from the lady in Fla. Get training, learn, practice in a small boat first and go slow in that pursuit for the perfect boat, there are lots to choose from and don't forget to take the time to learn about boats BEFORE you buy one.
Best of luck with your dream.

1/10/2009 10:35:39 PM Live-aboard boats  
dunitall
Over 2,000 Posts (2,295)
Seattle, WA
53, joined Feb. 2008

This is what i was looking at, but the moorage is more then the payment was worth!

1/18/2009 12:47:19 PM Live-aboard boats  
whisper1
Over 2,000 Posts (3,766)
Knoxville, TN
70, joined Feb. 2007

1/24/2009 10:28:14 PM Live-aboard boats  
windwhispers
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,791)
Enumclaw, WA
47, joined Oct. 2008

Quote from dunitall:
This is what i was looking at, but the moorage is more then the payment was worth!

hey is that the one you where talking about the other night pretty sweet dunitall

2/5/2009 12:23:03 AM Live-aboard boats  
dunitall
Over 2,000 Posts (2,295)
Seattle, WA
53, joined Feb. 2008

This use to be my ole truck and boat till the separation...And she got the dog too!...hahaha

4/6/2009 3:54:37 PM Live-aboard boats  
pietro19572000
Portsmouth, VA
60, joined Feb. 2009

Hi Dunital....
I am a live aboard on the other coast, Hampton Roards / Norfolk area....going on my 4th year...
Your in WA, (salt water) correct ? One thing I found out this was is the boat must be moved / used fairly often....or the hull will get so covered with algae and barnicles, it will no longer be useable, until its hauled and manually cleaned....Hauling for me is just under 300 bux.....also have sea c*cks that will be rendered useless if they are crusted over....that means your AC / Heat stops working, along with your toilet...could also impair the sea water intakes for the engines....
My slip rent in 250.00 a month and is inclusive...elec/water/cable/ and wi-fi
Hope that helps a bit.....In 4 years I have NEVER had a regret...
Cheers
Pete

4/17/2009 3:56:34 PM Live-aboard boats  

mermaidctfla
Clinton, CT
58, joined Jun. 2008

I am jealous that dockage is 250 per month! I have a 26ft on Candlewood Lake CT and it is nearly 500 per month/year round, to be landlocked and usable only 6 months of the year! It is my dream to live aboard on a tug. Dont care if I ever leave the dock. Just want to wake up in a harbor as it comes alive at sunrise

4/22/2009 6:05:44 AM Live-aboard boats  
cl_262
Pittsfield, MA
63, joined Apr. 2008

Dock fees and all other related cost are outrageous. I have a Crownline 262 CR and belong to a private boat club on the CT River in Gill, MA. The club is family oriented where no one is looking at the sky as they walk by but instead will more than likely stop by and chat for a few minutes. Dock fees range from just under $300 to $585 per SEASON plus electricity. Dues just went from $45 to $100 as we are building a new clubhouse this year. The dues include all the ice you can use and pump-outs. Everyone knows almost everyone or has seen them around. Boats range from 16’ open bows to 30’ cruisers. We look after each other and if we see what may be a problem with someone’s boat, we call them. There are not many of these clubs around that are not stuffy. I will be launching my boat this weekend, 4/23 for the season. I am not a live-a-board, but I do live on her almost every weekend until mid-October. There is a lot of very good advice in this thread. The one that I would highlight for anyone is to take a course and get your certificate. The training includes what to have for proper equipment, how to use them, and the rules of the waterways. It could save someone’s life.

[Edited 4/22/2009 6:21:11 AM ]

6/6/2009 5:38:54 PM Live-aboard boats  

supermutter
Gainesville, GA
37, joined Jun. 2008

loved it at frist but after the first year! its a lonely life im a US.MARINE RESCUE SWIMMER ON THE NAVY SHIP USS.BUSH OOHRAH!!

7/9/2009 11:08:19 AM Live-aboard boats  
cl_262
Pittsfield, MA
63, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from mermaidctfla:
I am jealous that dockage is 250 per month! I have a 26ft on Candlewood Lake CT and it is nearly 500 per month/year round, to be landlocked and usable only 6 months of the year! It is my dream to live aboard on a tug. Dont care if I ever leave the dock. Just want to wake up in a harbor as it comes alive at sunrise

Sunrises are great, as are the sunsets, full moons that light up your deck and cabins, and the star filled nights that glisten accross the water. Choosing the right essentials to set the tone for each is a must as is the company that decorates your deck! I find it difficult to find someone that has the same passion for being a weekend warrior on the water as I am. Wishing to find that endless summer!

9/10/2009 11:32:31 PM Live-aboard boats  
sunshineusa
Chico, CA
63, joined Nov. 2007

after the divorce i try to live on the houseboat it 50 feet by 15 on lake oroville
if you live in a house move to a very small apt. first and try it a lot of boats have very little room in ca. it rains a lot and get very windy it hard. on oroville i do not thing anyone does it all year just summber the lakes go up and down to much
my brother has three sail boats and moves them all over he loves it.
i know in s.f a lot of people do it becaause of the cost of housing.
have fun and be safe o i pay $145.00 a month and can use it all year
have no elec. but pump outs are free and and the boat does get move when needed
because of low or high water

[Edited 9/10/2009 11:37:28 PM ]

10/11/2009 12:34:07 PM Live-aboard boats  
jackie1958
Houma, LA
58, joined Apr. 2009

i know it has been a long time since you posted this forum...........but i have 42 foot carlcraft,,i bought on ebay in st paul coming down the river,,,,this year 25 foot chris craft,,,,i have hit a log two years in a row,,,,first year 2000 dollars,,,,,,this year 3000 and still not done

10/14/2009 7:19:25 PM Live-aboard boats  

awriter111
Brookfield, CT
61, joined Sep. 2009

I lived aboard my boats in the Caribban on and off for 18 years and barely paid a dime of dockage. It is all a matter of living where boaters actually live rather than where they live and try to keep their boat close by enough to go aboard at their leisure. And contrary to some beliefs of this being some sort of "vagabond" egistence, it is the most inspiring natural way to enjoy owning, living an travelling on the boat you should have sunk your heart and soul into. HI KAREN

10/15/2009 6:28:24 AM Live-aboard boats  
jackie1958
Houma, LA
58, joined Apr. 2009

is it still for sell///////////////love the water

2/18/2010 6:17:48 AM Live-aboard boats  

tkmans
New Tazewell, TN
67, joined Dec. 2009

live aboard for the most part is only a dream if you have a house stay with It.remember boats are toys not a must.here are a few ressons.limited space, hard to heat in colder areas ,rock at night while sleeping,long distance to your car,if you love boating chances are you will get burnt out,I have seen it tryed a lot of times tkman norris lake tn.

5/30/2010 7:37:30 PM Live-aboard boats  
pietro19572000
Portsmouth, VA
60, joined Feb. 2009

[Edited 5/30/2010 7:40:54 PM ]

7/14/2010 6:33:45 PM Live-aboard boats  

blessedman1966
Marina del Rey, CA
51, joined May. 2010

Boat4sale....And highly recommended living on a boat.Best air,best view,calming&peaceful but meanwhile scenery&surroundings always changing,engaging,active&cooool....That's why i bought my second boat&now want to sell my old boat that comes with a liveaboard license(which is impossible to get in Los Angeles area these days).Just reduced boat's price to$39,965(-$10k),since want2sell sooner&spend time with my new boat.It's a 36'Mainship,Aftcabin,twin gas...like a two bedroom&two bath condo on water.Very low maintenance,private&quite with no above or below neighbors except the variety of birds,fish,sealions...Laundry&shower&bathroom on dock/near boat or u can use the one in boat.Rent here is higher:$795/mo.,because of LosAngeles,Ca.+its in the best area here,called Marina Del Rey,very safe&clean&on the main-channel(view of waterways&mountains-not just cramped up between other boats).But u can always move boat somewhere else&pay alot less rent.If interested or questions:Khodaie,at,msn.com.Or u can google my boat:Liveaboard,36'mainship,Marina del rey,aftcabin motorboat....It might not be for everyone since unique&different idea,but everyone who sees my lifestyle loves it(+u make lots of new friends too.)Good luck

8/18/2010 5:37:57 PM Live-aboard boats  

tzrides54
Pueblo, CO
62, joined Jul. 2010

getting ready to spend fall in 10k islandsupper keys, gonna start in maraco island, aroud the south down the keeys. only got 22ft pontoon boat,hard top,can enclose with screen,or canvase,gen,ac heat,grill,good bed, no frig 25gals fresh water 90 yamaha,19 evenrude; can do 45gal fuel,ifneeded. the head is abucket unless i got company,then will buy portlet. need one any ways, got placefor it, wish i could put my harley on front deck.

8/28/2010 3:07:09 PM Live-aboard boats  
michael11111
Over 1,000 Posts (1,077)
Hilton Head Island, SC
59, joined Aug. 2010

The absolute most awesome way to live on the planet.. I prefer it on a sailboat,where the power to move it is free, but hey if you have enough budget to do it on a power boat, do it with diesels! A single diesel with a big prop and lots of low end tourque like a tug..or similarly designed boat.
Sail makes it cheaper however, and a little more romantic as well.. well for me anyway..
Done it on a sailboat for 15 years.. and about to do it again on the east coast.. i have no issues with year round at all.. never has been an issue in my mind one bit. More of a challenge on the great lakes however!!!!! Most of mine have been woodies.. I have a penchant for the classics.. S&S, Herreshoff..
(anything I can save from being cut up!!!)
Cruised the carrib, and the west coast.. nothing like waking up in the morning, sun just up, grilled lobster omlettes with hollendaise.. and the dolphins playin outide your front door (bow of boat!)

8/28/2010 5:17:39 PM Live-aboard boats  
surfersatindoll
Plano, TX
98, joined Jul. 2010

Lived aboard twice. Once on a 34' San Juan sailboat. then on a 58' houseboat. Loved it both times and would do it again in a heartbeat.

The only problem with living aboard here in Texas is the hurricane insurance. It gets higher every year. And marinas dont let you in if you dont have it.

My dream is to live aboard a sloop in the keys. There are communities that just live on the hook and I would love that. Of course I would need a diving platform off the rear of the boat, so I can go snorkeling anytime.

Love to eat and cook fish. Yes I can clean them too.

The only problem is that I am single now (duh! this is DH) and it is very hard for a single woman to live off the hook in these kind of communities as they are mostly composed of single men. Could prove to be dangerous for someone like me. Not that I fishing for any offers. But if anyone wants to offer bodyguard services-------Well you have my email.

9/2/2010 1:53:16 PM Live-aboard boats  
7scott
Many, LA
51, joined Sep. 2010

My dream and goal. I've been watching an Oceanus 510 and dreaming of early retirement and skipping off to explore the Caribbean for 6 months out of the year.

12/10/2010 11:42:58 PM Live-aboard boats  

nauticalnirvana
Inver Grove Heights, MN
46, joined Dec. 2010

I've never before seen a forum for folks as silly as us. I'm a year round live-aboard on a 37' boatel houseboat on the Mississippi here the the twin cities of Minnesota. It's hard to get a date when they find out you live on a boat Oh well. It's winter here. She's all wrapped in plastic and insulation. Bubbler is running to keep her from freezing in and cracking the hull. We're expecting 12 inches of snow tonight with the temp dropping to -3f by sunday.... I'm only going to poke my head out to let the dogs ashore and shovel the dock.... brrrrr. Summertime makes every winter night bearable! I wouldn't move back onto land for any amount of anything! Currently drawing up plans to build my next boat/home starting this spring... yay! Stay afloat!

3/8/2011 7:39:09 PM Live-aboard boats  

wnicola1972
Venice, CA
45, joined Mar. 2011

I think the Chula Vista Marina in San Diego, Calif is the cheapest. Iu used to live on my sailboat in Marina Del Rey, but prices there have sored way too high. CVM wants Live-Aboards too. In MDR, pumpouts are free.

6/1/2011 9:27:18 PM Live-aboard boats  
dougbond71
Elberton, GA
45, joined May. 2011